I was blog hopping once again and came across the White with One Blog, it has been ages since I last visited and it is still looking good. I love what everyone has been doing with the challenges and it is great to see so many people playing along.
Well this months challenge got me inspired so I hit the desk, cleared a small space (I so need to do a big clean up ...once again) and started to get messy. Here is my take on the challenge - White, green and chevrons. I love chevrons right at this moment and lucky me they are everywhere.
In Deep with Crocs
The layout is about Adrian taking the girls for a swim in the Crocodile pool at Croc Cove....where else in the world can you go swimming with baby crocodiles. The girls absolutely love it. If you are reading this and you are thinking "Have you lost your marbles...how dangerous is that!!"Let me ease your concerns - there is a very thick glass sheet between the girls and the crocodiles - it is just that it looks like they are in the same pool.
I have been thinking of doing some simple lessons here on the blog for a little while now. So when I get some spare time around the family, work and Uni I will be posting lessons. All the lessons will have Six Simple Steps. Yeap that's it - I am going to show case a technique that I use with just Six Simple Steps.
Well here goes my first one, I will show you how I did the background for my In Deep With Crocs layout.
Six Simple Steps - One
1. Lay a 12x12 mask onto some cardstock and dab on some Gesso.
2. Using something flat spread the Gesso around randomly over the mask.
3. Remove the mask from the cardstock.
4. Hold the cardstock up vertically and spray with mist.
5. Spray about three or four squirts in the one spot as the mist needs to run down the page.
6. Repeat step five with two other colours. I have used a darker green and white.