Pages

Saturday, April 09, 2016

A Local Scrapbooking Store!!!!

Oh Boy I am a tad excited - Nowra has a bricks and mortar scrapbooking store!!! It has been a long time since I have been into a small local store called The Scrap Shack (so many have closed down and Darwin did not have any) - they have so much in stock, my hands were rubbing together in glee to get a hold of some.
They even run a monthly kit pack competition - Just like "Just Scrapbooking" used to many years ago. The idea is to use some or all of the product in the kit - you have to use a bit of everything in the kit. I just had to grab one and give it a go.
This is what was included in the kit - 1 piece of paper - Daisy Bucket Designs - Pet Shoppe Lucie's Lunch, 1/2 sheet of brown cardstock, 1 brown brad, 1 piece of brown rick-rac, a small Manilla shipping tag and 1 tidy brown paper leaf.
I added riffled through my stash and added some Kaiser Craft cardstock, Cottage Rose Range patterned paper, stickers and mini blossoms. I had to use some Gesso and a stencil for the background - it needed some texture and colour with mists. The final touches were from my Prima stash - a resin heart and the floral dangly thing.

 Cherish

I love this photo of Paige and Adrian together - so very different in colouring. I get a small ache in my heart seeing photos of the girls this small, knowing that they will never be small again but cherishing all the memories.
With the Manilla tag I sprayed it with mists to make it suit the papers a bit more then layered it with off cuts of patterned paper and some small embellishments. I wanted the title to be subtle on this layout so that the focus is on the photo so I added one of the small word stickers from the sticker sheet.

No comments: