Pages

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Challenge One - Counterfeit Kit Club

The first challenge for the month at the Counterfeit Kit Blog was to use a door on your layout, which was a challenge to do as I had not put any doors in my Counterfeit Kit nor did I find any in all my stash, so I created one on my Silhouette Cameo. I also couldn't find any of my patterned paper that I thought would go with the idea I had in my head of what I wanted to do, so I once again created my background using my Colour Blast products.
I spread a bit of the Navy Colour Blast Shimmer Dust onto my white cardstock.
I then sprayed it with water and Envy Colour Shimmer Spray until my page was drenched and the colours blended together.
I wanted the colours to spread a bit more together so I used a plastic tool to make lined in the wet mediums which helped to blend them together.
One dry I sprayed the background in a random layering of a brick stencil, I sprayed with Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Spray.
Next I sprayed the door I cut from my Cameo with some Colour Sprays and I finished off by embossing some chip board keys, lock and flourish with Colour Blast's Colour Embossing Powder in Stormy Weather and Singin the Blues, finally decorating with flowers, material, a title and the photo.  It has been a while since I have made a lumpy and bumpy layout and I must admit I had lots of fun getting messy with it.
 

 

8 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Another wonderful background and what a fantastic door treatment. Looking fabulous.

Susanne said...

The mix of colors and elements on this layout is just stunning. Love it.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful layout, such great techinques on this. I find that it's hard waiting for it to dry.
Cindy f.

Lesley G said...

WOW! So beautiful! Amazing background, gorgeous colours - such beauty in the layout and the photo!

Margie said...

Oh wow! I am loving your mixed media! Stunning layout!

Tara O said...

Stunning background work! Very pretty LO

LCSmithSAVED said...

Using that brick stencil was genius! Your page just makes my heart happy on so many levels - the beautiful photo, layers & pattern & swirls & fabric?!? Totally delicious

kate blue said...

woop woop! gorgeous!