Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

You Colour My Life


This layout I did just for fun - no challenges, no Design Team commitments...just for me to have a play with some new Mists and a new Stencil that I just bought. (On our recent trip to Canberra I discovered by chance the KaiserCraft store at the Factory Outlet!!!!) While I was creating I took step by step photos and will pop up a lesson on how I made this colourful page - once I find the cord that connects my camera to my laptop. There are still many things missing or not unpacked from our recent move.

You Colour My Life


SORRY I AM OUT FOR PUBLICATION

be right back after I appear in

Scrapbooking Memories

Magazine

I love this selfie of Bronte and I together, mucking around in the back yard. I just had to use some of my new purchases from Kaidercraft (so much for me not buying anything until I dwindled my stash).
 I put two of the Kaisercraft ranges together - even though they are so different they go so well together to create a bright, bold and cheerful page. I have used the Fiesta and Finders Keepers Collections. Even the cutoff strip from the 12x12 paper is useable!!  
What you can see here is the Kaisercraft Mist thinned with water and used as a water paint over the top of some Gesso spread through a stencil. I really like how the colours blended together to form a rainbow look across the background cardstock.
 I fussy cut the flowers, diamonds and stripes from one of the 6x6 Fiesta papers and use dimensional tape to give them some depth.  The Kiasercraft black butterfly stickers and gems are a delicate touch to the page.
 The blotches of black ink you can see are actually a stamp - Kaidercraft Stains. They are perfect for creating a controlled messy look on your page....without the heart attack of actually getting messy.
 Finally some of the diecuts from a Collectables packet were the finishing touch.

No comments: