Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Sewing Time

Okay I recently discovered that Doodlebug Designs have allowed their designs to be printed onto fabric....so I hunted around and found a store in Brisbane that sells it....a few days later I had some in my hot little hands.

I love the girls to be dressed similar at Christmas Time for their Santa photos so the Christmas pattern from Doodlebug was perfect....and it has pink in it too...so even better. Mum and Dad bought me a new sewing machine for my Birthday, so I now had the perfect opportunity and no excuses not to sew.
 
Here is how the dresses turned out.

As you can see the girls love the dress.....they just wouldn't sit still enough for me to get any decent shots. Can't you just picture how cute they will look sitting on Santa's lap??



A bit of a closer look at some of the details - the pink material I picked to trim the dress with, both the girls and I love pink so it was a pretty easy choice. See the gingerbread man, isn't he just the cutes, that you could eat him up?

A close look at the button that I discovered in my scrapping supplies, I have been hording these buttons to use on a layout, but when I finished off the dress I just knew that I had to use them on it.

Well now all we have to do is wait a few months until we can visit the jolly old fellow and get some decent photos.

No comments: