Pages

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Smile

I love, love, love this photo of Bronte, her wide smile, her big brown eyes, the joy that I see in her face. Taken about three years ago but still one of my favourites. I used mainly the Bow and Arrow Collection from Kaisercraft  on it - the light turquoise and orange blended with the browns and greys really complement the photo.

Smile

I actually dug out my Epic Six to cut out the small feathers with the Kaisercraft Dream Big Dies and stamp set. Such a delicate little feather.
It is hard to see but I did some dribble misting - I had to combine the Kaiser Mists - yellow, aqua and white to get the perfect turquoise colour.... as I have only just discovered the Kaisercraft Mists I am a bit limited in my colour choices...but I love how they mix so well together to create new colours. Next I used some white Gesso over the dribble misting and spread it through one of the Quarters Kaisercraft Templates, flipping it and moving it around the cardstock to create a textured background.. Finishing off with the Flutter stamp lightly pressed over the top.
 The feather stamps that come in the Dream Big Die Kit are a dream to use, such fine details that stamp perfect every time, even when double stamped.
 I knew I had some of the Kaisercraft Blossoms left in my stash so I had to dig deep as I have not used them in such a long time, but I am glad that I still had them as they made the perfect finishing touch.

No comments: