Pages

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

January Counterfiet Kit Blog Challenge

Hello and thank-you all for popping in. I must admit that I am a little nervous and a lot excited to be here. I have been playing along and creating my own kits for the Counterfeit Kit Blog Challenge on and off for a few years now and thought I would jump right in for 2020 and apply for the Design team.... and well here I am. I would love to hear your feed back on my kit and any ideas you may have for me to make improvements, it would be greatly appreciated. 
Anyhoo the kit that was chosen to kick start 2020 is the Citrus Twist Christmas Stories 2019 Kit  it is a beautiful Christmas kit with both traditional and non-tradition colours. 

Looking at the kit I was inspired by the woodgrain, the animals, the gold, pink and the traditional Christmas colours - which is just about everything. 

Christmas in Australia - Road Trip Kit

So for Christmas this year we have packed up the car and driven from Canberra to Gladstone in Central Queensland - so on the road or two very long days and just before leaving I got the invite to join the Design team so I had to quickly raid my stash and pull my kit. This is what I have come up with for my papers, stickers, doilies and small embellishments. 
As you can see I have added a few woodgrains, reds, light blues and pinks. I also found some Australian animals Christmas papers to substitute the woodland creatures from the original Citrus Twist kit, to give it Aussie. 
In the below photo I have added some more stickers, Christmas alpha stickers, gold letters and thicker words. All these elements have been thrown in a pizza box and are now travelling in the back of the car, just waiting to see what I come up with. 

Tina is next on the Blog list so pop on over and check out what she has created as her kit for January. 

 Here is the Master List if you get lost along the way;

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com
Guest Designer Melodee - https://www.instagram.com/melodeeruley/



Thank for stopping in, Happy Scrapping.


















9 comments:

Lori said...

Welcome to the team, Tracey! Your first kit as a Master Forger is great and what fun to be using it while you're on the road! I am looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations!

Tara O said...

Wow! You really knocked this kit out of the park! It’s gorgeous. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Lisa said...

We are so thrilled to have you with us and you've created a stonker of a kit! It's great and at such short notice! Wow - you've done a super job. I am particularly thrilled with your Australian Christmas animal paper and can totally imagine using that or getting it for myself if I ever saw it even though I've never been there nor have any plans to go and can't imagine ever getting up close and personal with any Australian animals! ha ha ha. But it is beyond adorable and it would have a place in my stash for sure. This is a great kit and I love what you did with the inspiration. It's going to be a great year of kit making . I can tell!

Susanne said...

Wow, you've jam-packed that kit with goodies. I know you will enjoy using it this month - how could you not?

Julene Matthews said...

Congratulations on your first kit, it looks fabulous. The Aussie animals are a lovely touch and I'm sure you won't run out of embellishments he he.

Margie said...

Love the woodland take on the kit-beautiful selection of products!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Welcome to the Team! I am loving your Aussie animal papers & some other things I don't recognize but are zo appealing. Prayers for the fire-ravaged parts of your country & enjoy your trip!

Tina Campbell said...

Welcome to the Team! and such a great start too :P Love this kit and to see the critters in it from your native area is fantastic :) Oh quite the name for the kit and sounds like quite the trip too. Looking forward to what you create with it :)

Clair said...

So happy to have you on the team lovely lady. Really looking forward to getting to know you a little more. And, what a kit to start off with. It's so lovely!