Pages

Saturday, September 05, 2026

Scraptember - Prompt One - About Me

 Hello everyone, today I am sharing my layout for the first Scraptember prompt—About Me.

Scraptember is a month-long scrapbooking challenge held on the Scrappy Sisters YouTube channel, with a different prompt shared each day throughout September to help inspire us to get creating. I love that the prompts can be interpreted in so many different ways, and there is no pressure to complete every one. It is simply a wonderful opportunity to find some inspiration, use what we already have in our stash and, most importantly, enjoy creating.

For my About Me layout, I decided to document one of my recent adventures at the Cu Chi Tunnels in Vietnam. It may not be a traditional About Me page, but I think our adventures and experiences say so much about who we are. Visiting the tunnels was fascinating, confronting and certainly memorable—and squeezing myself through those incredibly small spaces was an experience worthy of its own scrapbook page!

This challenge also gave me the perfect opportunity to pull out some of my leftover 3Quarter Designs papers and embellishments. Rather than working with just one collection, I mixed and matched pieces from several different collections. One of the things I love about 3Quarter Designs is how easily the papers and elements work together. Even when they come from different ranges, there are often colours, textures or details that connect them beautifully.

Mixing collections is also such a great way to use those leftover pieces that are too lovely to throw away. A background paper from one collection, a few fussy-cut elements from another and some smaller scraps tucked into the layers can create something completely new. It is a little like putting together your own custom collection from the pieces you already have.

I have created a process video so you can watch the layout come together and see how I mixed and matched the different 3Quarter Designs products.

You can watch my Scraptember Prompt One – About Me process video here.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope this inspires you to follow along with Scraptember on the Scrappy Sisters YouTube channel, tell a little piece of your own story and have a look through your leftovers to see what new combinations you can create.


 

No comments: