Pages

Thursday, October 08, 2020

Fabulous Fins

Mermaids and shimmer, what more could a girl ask for? Lately I have been having a play with layouts just for me and for fun, not commitments in mind when creating and no dealines. It is refreshing, but I do love the challenge of working with different products and meeting a deadline.

I started with this beautiful cutfile mermaid from COAPA. Isn't she beautiful, the perfect match for Bronte's and Paige's mermaid photo. 

 
First up I used Colour Blast Shimmer Pot watercolours and painted the cutfile. I love how these watercolours have so much shimmer and shine in them. Customizing a cutfile with colours is a great way to create a unique look.

Next I created a background by using watercolours and the packaging technique. Such a simple way to create a unique look. For the packaging technique you simply apply paint or spray to some plastic packaging and flip it over onto the paper. Keep repeating this with other colours and build up the background, stop when you are happy with how it looks. I used three different blues for my background, trying to represent the ocean.
I wanted to create a look that represented air bubbles in the water so my Silhouette Cameo and created a stencil by duplicating various sized circles over and over and cut it out. I then spread white gesso though the  circle cutouts. Before it dried I sprinkled seed beads onto it for more texture.
I set the beads with Dimensional Liquid.

To finish off the layout I adhered down lots of diecuts, a title and photo. The page is quit busy but to me it represents the fun that the girls had with their mermaid tails.




No comments: