Pages

Monday, November 01, 2021

November Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop Reveal

 Hello everyone and welcome, hopefully you have found your way to my blog from Tara's on your Counterfeit Kit Club Blog Hop November Reveal?? If not I have popped a Master List at the bottom of this page so you can check out all the other Master Forgers Blogs to see their incredible take on this months Kit.

This months kit picked by the lovely Lisa is the September 2021 Felicity Jane Kit - Emily, you can find the preview of the kit on the Felicity Jane site by clicking on the link. Lisa loved the warm and cosy Autumn feel.

Here is a photo of the kit that I used for my inspiration:


I was drawn to the colours in the kit this month, the warm mustards contrasting the subtle pinks with the pop of dark blue. So the colours were the main thing I was thinking of when I pulled my papers. I actually didn't have any papers that were identical to the ones in the Emily kit, but you know what, that doesn't matter as it is about using my my mammoth stash and using what I have on hand.


Here is my kit all together, you can see the similarities in the colours and some patterns. I am pretty happy with how it has come together.


After I pulled the papers I went to work on the embellishments. Finding some cards to substitute the Library Cards in the Emily Kit, some pockets that I felt represented the pinafalls that the girl is wearing in the drawing, I has some cardboard flair that were similar in colour so these got popped in straight away. The paper that you can see with the tape and words on it I have substituted for the sticker word sheet in the original kit I thought I could cut these out to use like I would the sticker sheet. 

More embellishments that I added were label stickers, chipboard titles and die cuts all with similar colour. This month I have not identified a theme to run with, which is a bit unlike me, so time will tell if this works when it comes to opening up my range of scrapbooking topics. 

Master Blog Hop List to follow along with:

You have now come to the end of November's Blog Hop, I hope that we have inspired you to put your own counterfeit kit together from your stash. Don't forget to come back to the Counterfeit Kit Blog on the 2nd to get Lisa's rundown on just the "Gist of it" her breakdown of the monthly kit. 

Thanks for stopping in and I can't wait to see what you all come up with.


Hugs

Tracey 

5 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

A beautiful kit Tracey. Love those denim pockets and your florals.Have fun this month.

Susanne said...

This is lovely. There is a definite sweetness vibe and Pink Fresh take on the inspiration. Well kitted! Enjoy it.

Tara O said...

Ooohhhh, I see you’ve been digging in my stash ag! LOL! We included a couple of the same things in our kits! Too funny. Great kit!

LCSmithSAVED said...

I believe you are quite spot on with your forgery! I hope your kit will lead you to the stories it can tell this month, even without a plan.

Misty said...

I love it all, but that apple patterned paper is the best!