Pages

Friday, October 01, 2021

October Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal Blog Hop

 Hello and Welcome to the October Counterfeit Kit Club Challenge Blog Hop and I am the host this month so I had a blast searching the internet for the perfect kit, one that would challenge me, one that I loved and one that would be fun to pull together from my kit. Which lead me to find the Hip Kit Club kit for May 2021. Colour and fun in one lovely bundle. 

As you are here on my blog hopefully you found your way from Tina's Blog. I will post a master list at the bottom of this post so you can journey on your way to Cindy's Blog (who is next on the list) or if you found your way here accidentally then start at the top of the master list and work your way through the great reveals.

Here is the Hip Kit Club kit for May. It is lovely - what caught my attention to this kit is that colourful world map pattern paper in the center, I see it an think of all my travel layouts and I must admit I know that I had it in my stash but had not used it yet.... so felt like I was winning before I even started to pull my kit. :) 

So on to my kit..... after pulling the colourful world map from my stash I used it as inspiration to have the colours of the kit in hand and refer too. 


I pulled my papers first looking for soft rainbow colours. When pulling my papers I realised that I actually had more of the patterned papers that are in the Hit Kit Club kit than I knew, it must e why I was attracted to this kit so much, it is along the lines of what I am usually drawn to and use to scrap. Having the same papers as is in the kit made it easy to put my papers together, I just had to add a few florals, some blues in light and dark, a pink pattern and rainbows to the group.


My embellishments were next; labels, stickers, gold frames, colourful titles and enamel dots and hearts all called my name and I felt worked perfectly to compliment the original kit.  A few close ups below to see the full range of what I added.





I really love how my kit has come together this month and am looking forward to using it and seeing what you all come up with. We've got another full month of fun for you, so make sure you pop back in throughout October for challenges and inspiration.  Here is what the month will look like:

  • 2nd October: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit 
  • 4th October: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th October: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th October: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th October: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st October: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box

 We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. Post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2021).

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!








8 comments:

Tara O said...

Great reveal! I love how you added other papers to the ones from Kit you already owned. I also love all of your embellishments!

Machelle@smalltownscrap said...

Love the inspiration kit you chose, so much to work with! Your kit is so pretty and colorful and I really like the embellishments.

Julene Matthews said...

Very close to the original with fabulous embellishments as well. You've chosen well there Tracey

kate blue said...

Great kit! I should've added some Maggie and some labels in mine too!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Can't imagine how it felt to find so much of the inspo in your stash! You found some great supporting actors in what you added in. Ready to dive in? This month is already moving so fast!

Susanne said...

You really stayed true to your soft rainbow look - this kit is beautiful. Enjoy.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit, great additions to the papers you already had.

Misty said...

You managed to pull lots of the original into your kit and boost it with a lot of extra goodies. Have fun playing!